Canadian Tai Chi Academy
In July 2007, the Canadian Tai Chi Academy was approved as a registered charity based in Toronto, Canada, dedicated to the teaching of the Chinese internal arts for health as passed on to us by the late Master Moy Lin-Shin (1931-1998).
The Academy is 100% operated by volunteer instructors and officers. Our head instructors have over 30 years of experience teaching Lokhupbafa and Tai Chi.
In 2009, the Canadian Tai Chi Academy developed a system to teach beginners a very effective way of understanding the fundamentals of this form of Tai Chi. Beginners will benefit from this form in a short period of time.
The mission of the Canadian Tai Chi Academy is to help people of all ages to maintain or regain good health. The methods we use are through the practice and teaching of Tai Chi and other internal arts passed to us by Master Moy Lin-shin from the generations of Chinese Internal Arts Masters who passed this knowledge to him.
Our Aims and Objectives
- To preserve the knowledge, traditions and history of Tai Chi and other internal arts for health or health recovery, as taught by Master Moy in Canada.
- To provide a forum for all practitioners of the forms taught by Master Moy to come together, examine the processes through which health improvements are made and to share the knowledge each has, with other students and instructors.
- To offer class instruction in Tai Chi and other internal arts to all members of CTCA and make the information available to all who wish to learn.
- To teach any interested CTCA student of Tai Chi and other internal arts how to instruct others.
- To encourage students of Master Moy's internal arts to elevate their personal skills and knowledge to the highest level possible by personal practice and receiving instruction from more experienced practitioners.
- To support all students of Master Moy's Tai Chi and other internal arts in developing new CTCA Locations, through advisory, financial, instructional assistance and workshops when requested.
Master Moy Lin Shin